Stir Stick Mini Parfaits
Looking for an easy dessert that will knock their socks off? Look no further than our Stir Stick Mini Parfaits! Our new flavour uses Half Pints Brewing Co.'s Stir Stick Stout to create an ice cream that combines the flavours of a strong stout,with coffee. It pairs amazing with hot fudge and a hint of salt.
Sometimes, after a big meal, you just need a little something sweet. That's where our mini parfaits come in! And you can make these ahead of time and stash them in the freezer until it's time for dessert.
Here's what you'll need:
- Cornell Creme Stir Stick Stout Ice Cream
- Chocolate fudge sauce (the thick kind that you have to heat up to pour)
Here's how to make them:
We like to use mini dessert verrines for these parfaits, but if you don't have those you can use large shot glasses, new glass candle holders or small juice glasses.
- Break up the pretzels in a bowl and set aside.
- Line up your verrines and place about a tablespoon of Stir Stick Stout ice cream into each one.
- Scoop about a teaspoon of fudge on top of each one. If you're not planning to serve these right away, you can just use room temperature fudge.
- Top each with a sprinkling of pretzels.
- Repeat steps 2-4 until your ice cream is popping out of the top of the glass. The number of layers will vary depending on the size of your container.
- Place your desserts back in the freezer until you're ready to serve.
- After dinner, place about a tablespoon of hot fudge for every dessert into a small pot or a microwave safe bowl and heat up so it's pourable. Drizzle the hot fudge over the parfaits and top with more crumbled pretzels. Serve immediately.
Tip: To get perfect little ice cream scoops, use a small cookie dough scoop like the one pictured. They make a perfect tiny scoop every time.